Career and Technical Education
Students who complete career and technical education programs are better prepared to make informed college and career decisions thanks to the real-world experiences they have in high school.
The High School Nursing Program offers a unique and dynamic opportunity for students to delve into the world of healthcare and patient care from an early age. Designed to provide a solid foundation in both theoretical knowledge and practical skills, this program is ideal for students with a passion for helping others and an interest in the medical field. Students will engage in a comprehensive curriculum that covers anatomy, physiology, medical ethics, and patient care techniques. In addition to classroom learning, the program includes hands-on training in clinical settings under the supervision of experienced nurses and healthcare professionals. This not only enhances their understanding of the nursing profession but also prepares them for future educational pursuits in healthcare. The program aims to inspire and empower the next generation of nurses by fostering a deep sense of compassion, professionalism, and commitment to patient wellbeing.
Career and Technical Education programs offer you:
- Classes that teach you skills you will need to be successful in work and life after high school.
- Teachers who have worked in their career areas and who hold industry certifications and professional licenses.
- Opportunities for you to earn industry-recognized certifications that can help you to prepare for internships and jobs while you are still in school.
- Work-based learning experiences like career mentoring, workplace tours, job shadowing, and internships that will help you build professional skills.
- School partnerships that help you meet adults who are working in the careers you are interested in learning more about.